Argentina cruised to a 2-0 victory over Indonesia in an international friendly on Friday, with Lionel Messi scoring one goal and setting up another.
The match was played at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta, Indonesia, and was watched by a crowd of over 70,000 fans.
Argentina started the match brightly and took the lead in the 15th minute through Messi. The Barcelona star latched onto a through ball from Angel Di Maria and fired past the Indonesian goalkeeper.
Argentina doubled their lead in the 50th minute through Leandro Paredes. The Paris Saint-Germain midfielder scored from close range after a corner kick was not cleared by the Indonesian defense.
Messi had a chance to add to his tally in the second half, but his shot was saved by the Indonesian goalkeeper.
Argentina dominated possession for most of the match and created a number of chances, but they were unable to add to their lead.
The win was Argentina’s second in a row after they beat Saudi Arabia 3-1 in Riyadh on Tuesday.
Argentina will next face Australia in another international friendly on June 25.
Here are some of the key highlights of the match:
- Lionel Messi scored one goal and set up another for Argentina.
- Leandro Paredes scored the other goal for Argentina.
- Indonesia had a few chances to score, but they were unable to beat Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.
- Argentina dominated possession for most of the match.
- Argentina won the match 2-0.
Here are some of the key talking points from the match:
- Lionel Messi was once again in top form for Argentina. He scored one goal and set up another, and he was a constant threat to the Indonesian defense.
- Leandro Paredes was also impressive for Argentina. He scored the team’s second goal, and he was a key player in midfield.
- Indonesia showed some good signs in the first half, but they were unable to keep up with Argentina in the second half.
- Argentina’s win was their second in a row. They will be looking to continue their good form when they face Australia next month.